What do I do with my lonely chicken?

If possible, I would bring the other chicken inside for at least a few hours daily. Do it when you can watch that she is not picking at the wound. It benefits both girls to spend time together, and will make it easier when the wounded one is healed and goes back outside. I'm sorry you lost your other two.
I have brought Scuttle (the one who is outside) inside twice today. Her and Hei Hei (the injured one) both seem much happier when they are together. Hei Hei is the top of the pecking order, so luckily Scuttle hasn’t been trying to peck on her. They are both doing surprisingly well, so I have hope that they will both be okay.

I have brought Scuttle (the one who is outside) inside twice today. Her and Hei Hei (the injured one) both seem much happier when they are together. Hei Hei is the top of the pecking order, so luckily Scuttle hasn’t been trying to peck on her. They are both doing surprisingly well, so I have hope that they will both be okay.
Glad they seem to be happy together. If you find they need to be separated out you can place them in cages side by side so they can see each other.

In the thread below, the OP had 3 injured hens from an attack, 1 more severe than the other 2. She "fenced" in an area underneath a table and made them a space there. I called it a table fort LOL Nice idea and it worked very well. Photos start at the link below if you are interested in seeing what she did.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wound-care…-dog-attack.1598938/post-27195830

Back
Top Bottom