What do you think about these standard Cornish, is it worth $150 for 6 eggs?

You are right about buying live chicks, but who sells live standard White Cornish chicks? I have an order for 15 live jumbo cornish x hybrids from Mcmurray Hatchery coming in June and I already have 8 Cornish Roasters and two black standard Cornish 2 week old chicks in my brooder.
There was a member here that sold them but I do not know if he is still active. You could always post a wanted ad in the Buy Sell Trade forum.

I have always wanted to try this dual purpose meat breed: Breese Chickens

Apparently they get big and act like real chickens, not like broilers.

As far as the Pure Indian Game White Cornish, they look cool. But I know nothing about them! I raise and breed a rare breed, Svart Hona, and if you want to try out some rare breed meat chicken that suits you, I am always supportive of that adventure!
I have Bresse chickens, they grow and mature faster than other Heritage breeds. Their stated mature weight for roosters are 6.50 lbs and females 4.50 lbs. They will take 16 weeks to reach those weights and start laying eggs.
They have the dominant white color gene, I have been crossing them with my orpingtons and black australorps. The chicks turn out white and the color of their legs vary, but most of their legs are blue.

The thing I like about the expensive Standard Cornish is the low crowing characteristics of his line. I need a rooster that doesn't make my neighbors upset. I have to put my bresse chicken in a box with holes and store him in my storage room at night. I let him out in the day.

Back
Top Bottom