What happens after this? (egg bound hen)

guest226

Chirping
Nov 18, 2023
I know I already have a thread on my egg bound hen, but this is an imporant individual question.

Its been 3 days since I found her almost dead in the coop. I suppose the egg was soft shelled or shell-less because she is completely fine and energetic now. Dustbathing and jumping up on roosts and everything. I haven't seen any shell being passed in 24 hours. No blood in her poop and her poops are normal looking.

I'm scared that her next egg will do damage to her body. She probably hasn't laid in 3 days because her body was in shock. I'm worried that the egg is also a shell-less or soft shelled egg and will get stuck again. I'm still giving her antibiotics and calcium, but should I worry? Her eggs are usually HUGE and she is a small chicken.

Any feedback is appreciated.

It can take a few days for her to get back to laying normal eggs. Keep monitoring her behavior, continue with the antibiotic and calcium. Note any changes, ask any questions.

What antibiotic are you using?

It can take a few days for her to get back to laying normal eggs. Keep monitoring her behavior, continue with the antibiotic and calcium. Note any changes, ask any questions.

What antibiotic are you using?
I’m using Betacillin Tablets (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium tablets) with 1 tablet per 12 hours

Back
Top Bottom