What is the best food to feed baby swans???

smile.png

Last edited:
Chickenzoo we feed our baby swans romain lettuce and a 18% non medicated chick starter. Mazuri is a good feed but it is over priced there other feeds out there that just as good as mazuri.
Doug

destinduck
I fed mazuri feed for over 10 years and it kept going up and up in price We were feeding 2 tons a month of game bird breeder I was paying 18.00 for a 50lb bag and they change to a 40lb bag and the price stay the same per bag that when we change feed company the feed we use now is from a local feed mill and the same quality as mazuri but we are paying a little over 9.00 a 50lb bag. We still hatch just as many birds as we did when we were feeding the mazuri feed. This feed is alway fresh the mazuri feed was made from 3 to 6 month old when we got it in. Mazuri is a good feed it made by purina mill it there zoo line of feed but to me it over priced. I still feed mazuri to my cranes. There is feed company out there that make the same quality of feed as mazuri just because they charge a higher price don't make it a better feed.

Thanks for the info... most of the people here selling cygnets have them on layer, as if has less % protien.............. but I worry about the calcium in it ???? I know with chickens it can cause leg problems and liver problems..... do the waterfowl need the calcium...? I will look for a non - medicated feed. Does Flockraiser have too much in it? I'll have to look at labels.....

Back
Top Bottom