What kind of pool

BeccaDoe

Songster
Jun 19, 2019
Aylett, VA
Hello, all! I'm quite new to raising geese, but this year we have a pair of Embden goslings! Ruby and Jasper are feathering in nicely on their wings and bum, and soon they will be ready for life outdoors! They will co-habitate with my flock of chickens.

This brings me to my question. What kind of pool should I look for when getting one for my geese? The last baby pool I got was punctured by my rooster, so I think something sturdier should do the trick. What do you all use? How big and deep should it be to give them enough to splash and play in? (Obviously, I'm not looking to make a pond or such.)

Picture for tax and becacuse Jasper is cute as heck.

Attachments

• 20230421_162331.jpg
    20230421_162331.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 193
An oil pan or catbox with rocks in it for drowning safety escape route. When they are older a 1 adult goose sized oval =rubber= feed tub... with rocks or bricks for entry/exit. My adults still bathe in the tub and its easy to dump with winter freeze cleaning. I also had a de-icer under mine this last winter with 0 melting or cracking.

If you want something larger, a cement mixing tray will fit a breeding pair +1. The tray is easily lifted, dumped, and hosed daily.. except for winter: the ice gets too heavy to dump.

Up from that is a large sandbox. Mine holds 4 geese. It's right at max daily dumping size.

Back
Top Bottom