what to add to the incubator on the last 3 days 4 humidity

gavbarker

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
East yorkshire uk
Hi i have heard that people add a sponge or a damp cloth to the incubator on the last 3 days to up the humidity i was wondering would this still work the same if i just added another tub of water just a bit bigger to up the humidity or id there a reasion people use rags and sponges?

You can add a bowl of water if you want to, but, I personally don't because if a chick was to get in there it could drown even in like an inch of water, especially a newborn that doesnt really have its bearings yet.

Hi, My bator is a still air Little Giant. I had trouble raising the humidity by using the water trays alone, so I used a small, clean very wet sock to raise humidity. My bator went from 55/60% to 70% perfectly with the sock.

Yes, keep in mind that when babies hatch, you will be leaving them in the bator for awhile to dry and warm up. Due to that, you will want to keep anything out that may be harmful (and they WILL make a mess!).

thanx for the info my bator maby is a bit cramped as its not a very big one only an 18 one and iv got 13 eggs in there 9 to hatch monday iv tryed to keep the bowls to the edges and not fill them to the top they are also quite big so i dont think they will fall over and theyl be to tall for the chick to get in il see how i get on with the first few hatches.

Back
Top Bottom