What Type of Chick Do I have???

May 3, 2022
Hello All!
I purchased 8 chicks in total from Zamzows 6 Gold Laced Wyandottes and 2 Blue Laced Wyandottes. However, as my 2 Blue Laced have gotten older I'm beginning to suspect that they aren't Wyandottes at all; especially considering that my gold ladies already have the lacey feather markings they will have as adults. Does anyone have any ideas of what kinds of chicks they might be? Here's a picture of Prudence one of the chicks in question.

Attachments

• Chicken 1.jpg
    Chicken 1.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Chicken 2.jpg
    Chicken 2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 7
Hello All!
I purchased 8 chicks in total from Zamzows 6 Gold Laced Wyandottes and 2 Blue Laced Wyandottes. However, as my 2 Blue Laced have gotten older I'm beginning to suspect that they aren't Wyandottes at all; especially considering that my gold ladies already have the lacey feather markings they will have as adults. Does anyone have any ideas of what kinds of chicks they might be? Here's a picture of Prudence one of the chicks in question.
Hi there! What do your chicks look like now? Did you figure out what they were? They don't look like my BLRW although they do appear to have single combs, which my BLRW has (but I don't thnk she's supposed to, haha!)

Hi there! What do your chicks look like now? Did you figure out what they were? They don't look like my BLRW although they do appear to have single combs, which my BLRW has (but I don't thnk she's supposed to, haha!)
I did! Finally as they've reached adulthood I figured out that the one pictured above is a Blue Orpington (I love her she's the sweetest!) and the other is a Blue Wyandotte :)

Back
Top Bottom