What would be the coolest combo? Y'all's opinion.

lilwanderer

Crowing
Apr 7, 2022
Live Oak, Florida
I've got a blue ameraucana roo in with my layers-
The layers consist of a LF Blue Cochin(?), Welsummer(?), Dark brahma, Crele Penedesena, Black Sex-Link, Salmon Faverolles, CCL, Splash Maran, and Buff Orpington.
-
The ones with question marks recently confused me, the welsummer recently started laying blue/teal looking eggs, and the LF cochin is laying a rather dark egg.
I was told they were both the breed I listed them as, got the LF girl as a chick and the welsummer as a 2ish month old pullet. But this is besides the point. Welsummer looks just like welsummer, and the LF cochin looks like a blue cochin.
-
Out of these girls and blue ameraucana roo, who would result in the coolest looking offspring, and what would they look like? I'm wanting to hatch a few eggs from them but I don't wanna do something that would make a disastrous mess of a bird. 🤔. (Color-wise)
I can apply pictures if needed, that's just a lot of hens so didn't wanna apply a picture of all.

Last edited:
Crossing with the blue cochin should result in a fluffy blue, black, or splash with possible muff and foot feathering.
Splash Maran with result in either blue or splash with possible muffs.
Welsummer, Brahma, penedesena, and sex link will probably be black or blue with possible leakage. Cream legbar would probably be the same but possibly diluted. I believe there's chance at light barring with the hens that show barring. Again possible muffs for all plus footfeathering with the brahma.
Your salmon and buff will probably also be black or blue with possible leakage. Breeding these chicks later may throw of the most color possibilities, especially with the salmon.

Here's a calculator that can help you determine possibilities of crosses:
https://kippenjungle.nl/chickencalculator.html

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom