Whats the weirdest thing your chicken has ate?

Not a chicken but along the same line...I had a sebastopol eat the head off the hose nozzle yesterday. Its a 2 inch long pc. of brass that goes over the sprayer on the end of the hose. I have been walking the field in hope of its return because it cost me 17.00!

A cigarettte butt...I was scrambling to get to her and she didn't want to share her "treat" so gobbled it right down!

I will say that I have been surprised at some of the things I've also caught them eating; mice, frogs, and baby birds that fell/thrown out of nests!

My son's vomit. They fought over the *gags*privilege of gobbling some up.

I have been able to look at them the same.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
got to give em respect for that,chucks; we might complain when our food tastes like creme de la turd but they dont complain when thats exactly what theyre dining on.
tongue.png

though,perhaps like a lot of animals they might have pica traits,it does seem that way.

the weirdest thing that had ever seen henny,penny and ethel drag all over the front garden last summer was someones fresh KFC remains,they had grabbed it out one of the bins somehow and were scrapping in the garden for a nibble,cannabilistic little madams.

someone at dads allotment who owns chickens had asked him if he coud do a favour and collect up any spare slugs for her,when he asked why she said her chickens go absolutely crazy over them.
theres never any in our gardens so cant say have seen our girls go after any.

This morning when I was cleaning out the coop my husband comes out as he was leaving for the gym and shouted to me "Hey the red one (teddy, he can't remember their names) has a bird!" I am thinking a bird, did she get one of my 10 week olds??? So I ask "A bird?" and so the converstation goes on and I tell him get it away from her, oh gross....he goes after her and of course she isn't going to let it go so off she goes across the yard carrying the remains of a small bird. Then another one see she has something and the chase begins that was funny. But the dead bird was gross, I yelled at my husband why didn't you get it...she ran away he said, like you couldn't chase her and corner her. No way could I go after her with bird parts hanging out of her mouth, It makes me want to gag just writing this. So off she goes and in a few swallows the bird is gone! My husband says "Remind me not to eat any of her eggs for a while!" Well guess who will be eating those eggs!! haha

Back
Top Bottom