Which is better?

They came from a hatchery in michagan. I raised them from chicks. They werent mean I was just saying that they were compared to my Isa browns. They didnt have a good start to life because they were in the mail for 6 days with no food and werent kept warm so they have been battling kidney failure. I had an amazing experience with my rooster though he was the best!

I had 3 ISA browns and 1 Golden Comet. Both very similar from a breed standpoint. My ISA were all mean as snakes to my colored eggers - if I ever re-buy those I'll have them in a separate coop from my other chickens. I actually rehomed my head hen who was an excellent layer because she was such a bully. Generally I'll keep them if they're great layers even if they're ill tempered, but not her. The ISAs were larger than most of the other chickens, is a lot of what I think the problem was.

I want to get a white egg layer this year but don't want leghorn or california white. So I am considering the Ancona and Andalusian chicken breeds and was wondering which one y'all think is better? BTW I should mention that what I'm looking for is a good bird that can be broody, lays eggs, and is a little more docile and not quite so flighty.

I have had both and the Anconas are excellent layers, and better than than the Andalusian, in my experience. The Anconas were more flighty than the Andalusians, but not bad.

I want to get a white egg layer this year but don't want leghorn or california white. So I am considering the Ancona and Andalusian chicken breeds and was wondering which one y'all think is better? BTW I should mention that what I'm looking for is a good bird that can be broody, lays eggs, and is a little more docile and not quite so flighty.

honestly all the mediterranean breeds are pretty flighty. Have you given thought to something like a Dorking? They're a little bigger but good layers of white eggs and typically pretty docile.

Sweet ISA Browns sounds nice. They lay such awesome eggs every single day. It would be great if mine were friendly to other chickens as well as me. Enjoy your sweet fluffs!

Oh mine weren't friendly at all. Just small in size. I don't have any ISA brown now, and it will probably stay this way. Love their personalities, but the spiciness can be hard sometimes, especially towards more peaceful flockmates, and I definitely don't miss the reproductive problems

Back
Top Bottom