Which kind of netting on an aviary last longest?

mominoz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
I am having to build 2 aviarys for my new exotics and another for peafowl. 1) I am wondering what last longest? I have purchased tennis netting and it is still good after 5 years outside. 2' knotted. 2) I am also thinking I could buy tall chicken wire and piece it together (it is available locally). Mainly it is to keep my birds in and hawks, etc. out. (although the crows chase them off and I have geese and ducks and no problem from them). I of course have fenced on sides and I hotwire bottom and halfway up..... any recommendations where to buy and types? If chickenwire would last longer I would take the bother....

I am having to build 2 aviarys for my new exotics and another for peafowl. 1) I am wondering what last longest? I have purchased tennis netting and it is still good after 5 years outside. 2' knotted. 2) I am also thinking I could buy tall chicken wire and piece it together (it is available locally). Mainly it is to keep my birds in and hawks, etc. out. (although the crows chase them off and I have geese and ducks and no problem from them). I of course have fenced on sides and I hotwire bottom and halfway up..... any recommendations where to buy and types? If chickenwire would last longer I would take the bother....
I would recommend the heavy knotted type. I have an approximate 50'x50' area that I have covered with the heavy type 2" that has been up for about 30 years but it is not knotted and has pulled apart in some areas where the knotted type should not pull apart.

http://www.3tproducts.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=2

I second the 3T Netting as well. I built my aviary in 2010 and bought a roll of it and it's still pretty much new. It gets partial sun since it is behind my house.

I bought the good heavy knotted aviary netting which wasn't cheap then spent good amount to have contractor install it. The squirrels are chewing it up. Now looking for contractor to install some type of wire.

i have pvc-coated wire mesh for a ceiling on mine and then i hung the netting inside and underneath it, suspended. I used keychain clips (2 clipped together) on each corner and 2 in the middle to hold it up. I figured with the rotting pecan trees, squirrels and hawks in my area, having netting alone for a ceiling would probably be a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom