White Lasagna

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
Cleaning out all the odds and ends, or at least some of them, out of the freezer and this is what I came up with.

White Chicken Lasagna

I simmered 6 home raised chicken legs in the crock pot all morning, with a clove of garlic and a sliced onion, with enough water to nearly cover them.

Then, layer fresh lasagna sheets with the contents of one garlic cooking cream, shredded chicken, the onions out of the chicken, and mozzarella cheese.

Then I mixed the broth from the chicken, some 1/2 and 1/2, and a cup of home made cream of mushroom soup. I added some flour to thicken it a bit. Not too thick because you need liquid to cook the lasagna sheets. Pour that over the top. Sprinkle with more mozzarella. Cover with foil and cook until the noodles are done, then uncover to crisp the cheese on the top.

The home made soup added sliced mushrooms and a touch of sherry.

I gotta tell you, this was really good. I made 2 large pans, one regular and one gluten free and there are little individual servings of lasagna in my freezer that are going to come in very handy. Hey, wait a minute. I didn't really free up any freezer space, just filed the space with something different.

Cleaning out all the odds and ends, or at least some of them, out of the freezer and this is what I came up with.

White Chicken Lasagna

I simmered 6 home raised chicken legs in the crock pot all morning, with a clove of garlic and a sliced onion, with enough water to nearly cover them.

Then, layer fresh lasagna sheets with the contents of one garlic cooking cream, shredded chicken, the onions out of the chicken, and mozzarella cheese.

Then I mixed the broth from the chicken, some 1/2 and 1/2, and a cup of home made cream of mushroom soup. I added some flour to thicken it a bit. Not too thick because you need liquid to cook the lasagna sheets. Pour that over the top. Sprinkle with more mozzarella. Cover with foil and cook until the noodles are done, then uncover to crisp the cheese on the top.

I gotta tell you, this was really good. I made 2 large pans, one regular and one gluten free and there are little individual servings of lasagna in my freezer that are going to come in very handy. Hey, wait a minute. I didn't really free up any freezer space, just filed the space with something different.
lol.png

I do that all the time! Pull meat out to "make some space", then cook it into something that goes back into the freezer.......but it makes sense in some weird way.

This sounds really good! I made a white lasagna when I was low carbing, using a garlic cream sauce but didn't think to use chicken. I believe I used ground beef, but the chix sounds like it would go better with the sauce. I'ma gonna try this!

White Chicken Lasagna

Sounds delicious! thanks for sharing the recipe - I am definitely making this!

Back
Top Bottom