Who Can Resist Spring & Funny Chicken Faces? PICS

CoopDelisle

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Gulf Coast
I guess I can't. I went out for a walk-about in the yard this afternoon and took my camera along to get some pics of a few of the things in bloom, and a couple of my chickens. They make me laugh just looking at them. Thought you might enjoy...

Cecile Brunner Rose
roostersandroses012.jpg

Double Delight
roostersandroses003.jpg

Janet

roostersandroses002.jpg

Janet

roostersandroses001.jpg

roostersandroses007.jpg

roostersandroses008.jpg

roostersandroses010.jpg

roostersandroses009.jpg

I just love Double Delight roses! In fact, my avatar is a Double Delight! Apparently we have similar taste in chickens too, as I have 2 SS pullets that are 7 weeks old today! Thanks for the pics!

Love your roses and your chickens! I have 2 5-day-old SS. I thought they would be my favorites and I do love the color, but they are very stand-offish, so far. The RIRs on the other hand are the friendliest by far. They come running right up as soon as they hear me coming toward the brooder and climb right into my hand. Of course, it's still early days. Maybe the SS will warm up to me. Are yours friendly?

I've always wanted a Cecile Brunner, but I have terrible luck with roses!
idunno.gif

Susan

Quote:
Thanks, folks! I have three nine week old SS. They don't like to be held, but they will come near my legs when I squat down, just to see if I have treats! My barred rocks and my EE babies (5 wks) are my sweetest chickens so far. And one of the Welsummers, which was the runt of our first group, loves my DH. He calls, she comes running to sit on his lap! What is really funny is after they have gone in their coop for the night and are on the roost, I come up and pet all of them, and they sound like a xylophone with each ones
different voice sqeaking as I touch them. For some reason, when they are sleepy, you can mess with them, even my EE named Alfraida (because she has always been the fraidy cat!)

I have a SSH, and she's a bit flighty. Not very friendly. The others pick on her though, so that can add to it.

My barred rocks are the most friendly.

I was looking for "friendly" chickens when I first started though, and I read so many posts on here about it. What I seemed to discover is that people's experiences vary a LOT. So you really can't seem to generalize too much.

Still, I'm hoping my buff orps will turn out to be sweet and calm, as almost everyone else's seem to be. So far the light brahmas are neither sweet nor calm, as they are often said to be.

trish

Quote:
Thank you all. Yes, the Double Delight is wonderful and smells divine...everytime I smell it I think of my rose-loving grandma.

The white and black chick in the last pic is a Roo...and the one behind him, I think a roo, too. I posted pics to ask what the opinion was, but not one person guessed. Oh well.

You're roses are simply gorgeous! luv the funny chicken faces too....don't just wish you knew what they were thinking.

Back
Top Bottom