Why is female all of sudden acting like a tom

Tambugs

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2023
Hello everyone been awhile. Have a question for you. I have 4 turkeys, 1 tom and 3 hens. All of sudden 2 of my female started fighting, so I had to separate them. So I decided the one female that wasn't fighting I tried putting her in the pen with trouble maker (that's what we call her), the one that had been separated started to fight and looking like a tom. Why would she be doing this.

Attachments

• PXL_20231222_005717656.jpg
    PXL_20231222_005717656.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 29
Hello everyone been awhile. Have a question for you. I have 4 turkeys, 1 tom and 3 hens. All of sudden 2 of my female started fighting, so I had to separate them. So I decided the one female that wasn't fighting I tried putting her in the pen with trouble maker (that's what we call her), the one that had been separated started to fight and looking like a tom. Why would she be doing this.
Hormones and pecking order disputes.

All about dominance and pecking order.
These guys grew up together and it's funny now, that she has been separated my Tom who we call pecan is starting to get his feathers back. But yeah I was thinking about it. So why aren't my other 2 female fighting.

These guys grew up together and it's funny now, that she has been separated my Tom who we call pecan is starting to get his feathers back. But yeah I was thinking about it. So why aren't my other 2 female fighting.
Each individual turkey is different and has its own personality. The others may not have raging hormones at this time and may also be well settled into their places in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom