Will my humidifier work with this humidity controller? (VOLTAGE question)

Pawtz

Hatching
Feb 6, 2020
Hey all. I'm having issues with humidity regulation so I'm wanting to tap my humidifier into a controller to turn on/off when the humidity reaches a certain %.

My humidifier power adapter is 18v and I was curious which of the below would work for it.

The power supply in question:
Class 2 Power Supply
Model: TP02-180060U
INPUT: 100/240V (0.5A) Max 50/60Hz
OUTPUT: 18V (0.6A)

I'm assuming the voltage doesn't have to be exact for these devices for them to function correctly and an 18v adapter would work well using the 24v rated device?
Or does it need a full 24v flowing through it in order for the components on it to function correctly?

Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to these things.

The humidifier is the mainstays $10 humidifier. It's the bottle version.

Here's an image of the item in question that I'm wanting to purchase.
HK7lC5d.jpg

They also sell a 110-220v version, but I was under the impression that the output was all that mattered.

Thanks for any feedback!

Electronic devices need their rated voltage to function properly. If you did get these things, and decided to see if it worked, you are at a coin toss. Yes, or no.
The sensors may not read properly, and the readout may not be true.
Maybe you could do a trial and error testing, and modifying your values to the actual readings.
Your power supply is way mismatched in wattage/ amperage, to the controller you want to get.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

If your controller says 24VDC to run it, then the 18 volt adaptor is not going to cut it, you will need 24VDC for the electronics, and the contacts on the controller sounds like they are rated for 10 amps. If wired correctly you could be ok, but it must be wired correctly..

Thank you all for the replies.

I might be going with the below, but with a US plug. Seems it just pulls power from the wall and the power supply utilizes only what power it needs.
HGLzYcP.jpg

Thank you all for the replies.

I might be going with the below, but with a US plug. Seems it just pulls power from the wall and the power supply utilizes only what power it needs.
HGLzYcP.jpg
Keep in mind, that whatever device is creating the humidity. That device is rated at 18 volts. Your above 120 volt controller will spit out 120 volts.
I do not know your incubator, or how the humidity is created. Is it created by a liquid solenoid adding water into bottom of a pan???

Keep in mind, that whatever device is creating the humidity. That device is rated at 18 volts. Your above 120 volt controller will spit out 120 volts.
I do not know your incubator, or how the humidity is created. Is it created by a liquid solenoid adding water into bottom of a pan???

It's a bottle style humidifier that users a water bottle. Not really sure how it works, just that it's working :) .

I thought the 18v power supply adapter will only utilize 18v from a 120v source. That's incorrect?

Ok,,, :thumbsup Now I have a better understanding on how you will make connections. On the output side of of control unit,,,,, you will connect the 18 volt transformer, and that 18 volts is what will power the water bottle device.
ALL SHOULD WORK FINE:highfive:

Back
Top Bottom