Young but this comb is screaming

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
So I have two chicks that I absolutely love butttttt I’m pretty sure they’re both roosters.
The black(Bunny) is a Brahma(dad) black sex link(mom) mix and the white(Bôh) is a barnyard mix. Bôh is about a month and a half and Bunny is a month old but mainly Bunny’s comb is screaming rooster at me based off the redness and the three ridges. Am I right? Bôh just has me thinking because it’s reddening around the base this early

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4428.jpeg
    IMG_4428.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    573 KB · Views: 18
Update;
Bunny turned out 100% a cockerel. Bôh went back to his original home (I took him in temporarily to keep Bunny company while the others hatched, he went back with his mom and she accepted him back right away) and I’m fairly certain he is one of the ones who turned out a roo, but he could be one of the hens… when I brought him back I noticed his comb was much smaller and less red compared to the others (The mom, dad, grandpa and grandma of that chick all had huge dark comb traits)

I think out of that batch (I gave them away when I decided to downsize as straight runs) all but one were roos 🤦 maybe two

Back
Top Bottom