How long will my goose sit on eggs if they don’t hatch?

wow idk but will follow to see what @Goosebaby and/or @JRies has to say, since I also have a dog in this race ( my goose is on day 21 sitting on four eggs)
I also want to know! My Goose has been on her eggs for 39 days. She is quite aggressive right now so it was very difficult to move her to check the eggs. I saw that 2 were cracked and I could see feathers but I have yet to see any goslings. I wonder if she will ever just leave the nest.

I am not educated on geese, only chickens, but what I do know is that broody females are really weird. Some of them will never stop brooding, even if nothing is under them, which eventually results in death by starvation. Is there a way you can get her off the nest?

I am not educated on geese, only chickens, but what I do know is that broody females are really weird. Some of them will never stop brooding, even if nothing is under them, which eventually results in death by starvation. Is there a way you can get her off the nest?
She has come out to eat and drink. I even saw her in the pond for a few min. Yes, I could remove Her and close the coop so she can't go back in and remove the eggs. I just don't want to get bit LOL We put a fence around their coop and pond because I am positive they would have killed any chickens that would come in while she was on the nest. They killed one of my chickens a year ago for what seemed like no reason at all.

She has come out to eat and drink. I even saw her in the pond for a few min. Yes, I could remove Her and close the coop so she can't go back in and remove the eggs. I just don't want to get bit LOL We put a fence around their coop and pond because I am positive they would have killed any chickens that would come in while she was on the nest. They killed one of my chickens a year ago for what seemed like no reason at all.
Geese and chickens should not be together, anyway. Any time you put waterfowl and landfowl together is asking to have dead birds. Waterfowl often act aggressively towards landfowl, and it is easy for them to kill landfowl due to typically having a larger size. Make sure you never put male waterfowl with female landfowl together because female landfowl will bleed to death if a male waterfowl breeds her.

REALLY! They have all been together for 4 years now. I have Chinese Brown Geese and the male has never tried to breed with the chickens. I hear Ducks will though. They usually free range together without incident except for the one last year. We may just make their current enclosure larger.

Back
Top Bottom