Marecks in pigeons?

wagoncab

Crowing
16 Years
May 15, 2008
Charlotte
Hello All;
Do pigeons get Mereck's disease? I have had a few chickens in past years that had it and I managed to get them through it and they survived but I have never seen it in a pigeon.
I am currently hand raising a baby that the parents quit caring for. Not my first time doing this. Baby has been doing great but a few days ago started displaying the stretched out legs. One forward and one back. Not out to the sides as in splayed legs. Prior to this his legs were tucked up under normally. Baby still has a good appetite. Google has been no help with this.
Thanks
Cindy

Hello All;
Do pigeons get Mereck's disease? I have had a few chickens in past years that had it and I managed to get them through it and they survived but I have never seen it in a pigeon.
I am currently hand raising a baby that the parents quit caring for. Not my first time doing this. Baby has been doing great but a few days ago started displaying the stretched out legs. One forward and one back. Not out to the sides as in splayed legs. Prior to this his legs were tucked up under normally. Baby still has a good appetite. Google has been no help with this.
Thanks
Cindy
What exactly are you feeding it and how much each day?
Sounds like it is probably nutritional deficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom