Your 2024 Garden

The tag says zone 4-8, so that isn't my concern, I'm just trying to figure out how to get it so the berries stop going bad before they're ripe.
The roots are not getting to much water are they? I don't know what else could cause it. Commercial fields of berries are grown on flat topped ridges and mostly covered with a black plastic mulch. On the ridge they don't get wet. You may have a disease problem I just don't know about.

The roots are not getting to much water are they? I don't know what else could cause it. Commercial fields of berries are grown on flat topped ridges and mostly covered with a black plastic mulch. On the ridge they don't get wet. You may have a disease problem I just don't know about.
I don't know. The pot they're in drains pretty well, but it has been raining almost every day in large amounts. Shouldn't be diseased, there isn't any disease in the greenhouse I work at and they came straight home from there. I'll try to get them planted soon though and see if that works with the water since it's still flowering and making berries right now

When you transplant the depth is important too. You may know this already but the crown of the plant is picky about not being to deep or shallow. I want a patch but know we just can't get down to plant them the way they need to be so a raised bed is our only option. Maybe one day.

Chickens took priority over garden plots today. 3 weeks until 25 new chicks arrive and I want to be ready. So we stayed out of the 92° heat and not only cleaned the brooder but also the sun room we keep it in. I did finally start moving paper feed sacks packed with brooder litter out to start a compost pile. About 17 of them. Now to coat them with some urea as soon as it rains on them and then a layer of dirt from the edge of one of the garden plots and maybe this time next year I'll have something to beef up the soil i a sandy plot that has little organic matter in it. I've got to layer houses + 5 more coops that need to have the deep litter removed and added to the pile too.

Back
Top Bottom