Somethings been taking my goose eggs!

Quote:
I don't think a snake could eat a whole goose ( or 4)

it ate the eggs, right?? Not an actual goose?? or am i confused again..
tongue.png

I think a snake can eat an goose egg... snakes can eat several chickens eggs at one setting...
maybe i'm wrong though..
Maybe its a skunk..? like the others said..

Quote:
I don't think a snake could eat a whole goose ( or 4)

it ate the eggs, right?? Not an actual goose?? or am i confused again..
tongue.png

I think a snake can eat an goose egg... snakes can eat several chickens eggs at one setting...
maybe i'm wrong though..
Maybe its a skunk..? like the others said..

Ooops! Yeah I ment goose egg
lol.png

I would say Racoon's most likely.We have them bad here and they will kill chicken's too.Never had them get to my geese however.But I guess there are other critter's that could cart them off as well.Usualy if crows get them you will find shell bit's.Get a Havahart trap if you can afford one put a can of tuna or cat food in for bait.If it's a ground animal like coon etc. you will get him. Fox are VERY hard to trap.We are getting a new one here for the coon's and stuff since replenishing the entire stock and bird's are starting to go to coop's.Hope you find your predator as a huge fox did get in a 5 ft pen and ate an entire large toulouse goose here last year /img/smilies/sad.png.Good Luck DG

No! Don't ever use meat... Especially tuna in your traps. You'll just trap cats! For raccoons use bread or marshmallows.

Hi: I had a similar problem with my embden, but in the UK its either, fox, badger or crows. Our goose had her nest in our compost heap, then one night, we lost four eggs. After that each night I battled with her lifted her off the nest and carried her to the shed were I'd made a temporary nest and then placed her and the eggs in it. Each morning I would let her out, she would scuttle off to the compost heap and like an idiot I would follow with the eggs. Then in the evening same farce with getting her back in the shed.
he.gif

Well finally she got the message and touch wood for the past two weeks she has been staying in the shed and the compost heap is so last year. Hope that helps.

Hi: I had a similar problem with my embden, but in the UK its either, fox, badger or crows. Our goose had her nest in our compost heap, then one night, we lost four eggs. After that each night I battled with her lifted her off the nest and carried her to the shed were I'd made a temporary nest and then placed her and the eggs in it. Each morning I would let her out, she would scuttle off to the compost heap and like an idiot I would follow with the eggs. Then in the evening same farce with getting her back in the shed.
he.gif

Well finally she got the message and touch wood for the past two weeks she has been staying in the shed and the compost heap is so last year. Hope that helps.
Hi all:

Thought I'd give you an update on our little Embden and her attempts at trying to use me as her bodyguard and dogs body for her eggs. Well the little lady is the proud mum of three little goslings, which she patiently hatched, last night, all by herself without any further interference from us. Managed to catch this shot of her and the little ones earlier today.

Hi all:

Thought I'd give you an update on our little Embden and her attempts at trying to use me as her bodyguard and dogs body for her eggs. Well the little lady is the proud mum of three little goslings, which she patiently hatched, last night, all by herself without any further interference from us. Managed to catch this shot of her and the little ones earlier today.

Adorable and Congrats to you all especially mama goose. Looks like 2 are girls

OK. We did catch a rat snake consuming a whole goose egg last year. But, I don't see how one snake could possible consume 4 in one night!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom