Please help!!!

luvmychix2014

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 1, 2014
Hutchinson, Kansas
I am new to incubating chicken eggs...more times than none everything goes wonderful. I pick good healthy eggs, they all are usually fertile, they grow wonderful veins everything is perfect...and then hatching day comes. The incubator has wonderful heat and humidity the chick starts to break through I don't help it just leave it alone and before it can get out it dies!!! Why is this happening??? Everything is so perfect until this point :(

Last edited:
Have you opened up any of the eggs that didn't make it? How did they look? Where they maybe too dry or too wet? How did the membrane look? What is the humidity level you are using?

My humidity is usually 50% and then it ranges from that to 60% towards the end...yesterday the chick piped through was chirping loudly and even last night sounded great, was alive still this morning and hadn't made much process and now my sister went to go check and says it appears dead...not moving or making noise

Last edited:
I am new to incubating chicken eggs...more times than none everything goes wonderful. I pick good healthy eggs, they all are usually fertile, they grow wonderful veins everything is perfect...and then hatching day comes. The incubator has wonderful heat and humidity the chick starts to break through I don't help it just leave it alone and before it can get out it dies!!! Why is this happening??? Everything is so perfect until this point :(

When you say wonderful heat & humidity, can you be more specific? What are your temps and humidity day 1-18? I think you said 50-60% humidity days 1-18? I think that might be part of the problem. That maybe too high. Also what incubator are you using? And do you have calibrated thermometers and hygrometers? If a chick pips and doesn't start zipping after 24 hours then you may need to assist.

I have a still air incubator from our tractor supply store it has a digital temperature and hygrometer gauge on it. My temp is set at 99.5 and humidity 50% days 1-18. I candle my eggs and every single time they are moving around great and then tragedy strikes and they end up dying. I lost all of them this time...I have some due on the 13th and as of right now they seem healthy and are moving around great

The incubator from tractor supply is probably a little giant still air. The temp on the digital panel is NOT accurate. Also still air has to be 101-102. They pre-set it to 99.5 because they want you to buy the fan kit. With a forced air or fan kit 99.5 is good. But not still air. Also you need a seperate thermometer to check the temp. A good one that you calibrate. I can help you along the way if you want to try again. I'm so sorry!! It's not your fault. Check and see the model of the incubator you bought. Is it lg9300??

Yes that is the model that I have...I just bought it because I figured it would be more accurate with temp and had never used or had an hygrometer. What should I but for a temp gauge?

I turned the temp up and humidity is 56% I set it at 101* and put a meat themometer in one of the holes because that's the only other temp thing I have to see how accurate this is

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom