Lone Quail, Not A Chick Though

ScarlettRamona

Hatching
Jul 26, 2015
I have a 6 - 7 week old quail, she was raised with others but after leaving town for a day I came back with just her left. I'm not entirely sure if she will be okay on her own. Right now she's with me in the house because I didn't want to leave her alone, but im almost sure it's more stressful for her.

Why is she alone did you sell the others? I usually put a stuffed animal in with them, preferably a small stuffed animal chicken. The babies love snuggling with it when chilled or if they are alone. Spend lots of time with him, get him acquainted with you. The best pet birds are raised alone.

Friend of mine left the door open and the neighbor dog got in, a few were injured and didn't make it through the night.

Last edited:
If she's stressed it might be because she's scared of you? When my quail got killed (dog dug into the pen overnight) there was just a male left. Luckily there was a pet store nearby selling quails and I bought two females. The females started chasing the male but they got use to each over after a day and are now happily living with each over and laying. Overall I think you should try and find the lonely quail a mate if possible, if you can't then you should consider taming the quail and interacting with it daily.

Back
Top Bottom