Looking for gender help on these 2 SLW...

Updated picture of irma....anymore insight? Roo? 10.5 weeks

Does anybody know when slw cockerels reach the age to crow because I have one named freckled face. Freckled Face looks just like Irma and is also 10.5 weeks at this point. I guess I'll never be sure till I hear a crow or actually see Freckle Face lay an egg, since I have seven other pullets the same age. Just wondering how long till I can be sure, s/he will be my youngest roo or one of my prettiest girls, plus I need to know if I need to adjust my chicken math and get more girls to ratio for another boy.

This was Freckle Face at seven weeks, he is definitely a boy now. I already received my refund from MyPetChicken, hackle feathers came in, he is now thirteen weeks. I'm just wondering when slw start to crow so I can listen for it, my other two have distinct crows and I wanted to not freak out if I hear a strange noise coming from the chickens. I remember when the other two started it was hilarious the noises that came out of them at first. But they are rescues that came from really bad malnutrition and had delayed developement so I can't go by when they did, I'm sure it's long before a year old.

Oh and ordered fifteen more sexed chicks so we'll balance if all correct sexed in next batch that will give me 7.75:1 ratio so I have room for one more mis-sex before I just have an expensive meat chicken. I ordered two black jersey giants, one light brown leghorn, four delaware, four easter eggers, and four silver lace wyandottes.
fl.gif
praying for all girls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom