Found a Young Blue Slate Hen

memphis

RIP 1958-2020
8 Years
Aug 6, 2012
On the way to work. Standing in someone 's front yard on a busy four lane road in mid-town. And yes, dressed for work, I did a u-turn in rush hour traffic and caught her. Did knock on the homeowners door but they had no idea where she could have come from. She's young. Obviously hatched this spring. Currently she's in one of my covered chain link dog runs. All I have on hand is chicken layer pellets. What should she be eating? Poor baby!

On the way to work. Standing in someone 's front yard on a busy four lane road in mid-town. And yes, dressed for work, I did a u-turn in rush hour traffic and caught her. Did knock on the homeowners door but they had no idea where she could have come from. She's young. Obviously hatched this spring. Currently she's in one of my covered chain link dog runs. All I have on hand is chicken layer pellets. What should she be eating? Poor baby!

If it is an adult the layer pellets will be fine.

Thanks so much! The feed store only had chicken food. They said she'd be fine on layer. I just wasn't sure. Wanted to check with turkey folks!

Back
Top Bottom