chickie-doo needs adoption homes for her girls in NJ

chickie-doo

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2015
hi everyone,

just joined your site today. i'm in hunterdon county, nj. just saw I have a neighbor in the next township (kingwood) with this sight! small world!

I raise ckns for sale but also have my own flock and have been keeping birds for about 40 yrs.

if anyone in nj has an extra big heart, I have to give up my own flock(due to my health) and am looking for adoption homes. they're hand-raised, have been vaccinated for mareks, are very clean, calm and healthy. they do still lay but not great (but my main reason for having my girls is more to have something to fuss over). non-ckn people probably think i'm nuts because I feed them watermelon on super hot days and yes, I have special outbuilding heaters on thermostats for some winter comfort.
i'm listed at this site as "chickie-doo" if anyone wishes to contact me.

hi everyone,

just joined your site today. i'm in hunterdon county, nj. just saw I have a neighbor in the next township (kingwood) with this sight! small world!

I raise ckns for sale but also have my own flock and have been keeping birds for about 40 yrs.

if anyone in nj has an extra big heart, I have to give up my own flock(due to my health) and am looking for adoption homes. they're hand-raised, have been vaccinated for mareks, are very clean, calm and healthy. they do still lay but not great (but my main reason for having my girls is more to have something to fuss over). non-ckn people probably think i'm nuts because I feed them watermelon on super hot days and yes, I have special outbuilding heaters on thermostats for some winter comfort.
i'm listed at this site as "chickie-doo" if anyone wishes to contact me.
Aww, I know the having something to fuss over feeling. My littlest is 4. and there is less to do, so I figure might as well check and see if the chickens need a snack.... I am in PA. I have had Marek's in my flock and am willing to come to the border (Bridge phobia is a problem...except the Tacony Palmyra) to pick up hens. Do you have production or other breeds? They free range my yard so living is good here. Reply or PM

Wow, such a great feeling to get your message. There 16 in this flock. Two and 3 yr olds. Some are molting so lay very low.only about 1 and half dozen per week but should be more like 3. Flock can go together or seperate but ssadly can't. Keep them. I have 2 partridge Cornish, 1 New Hampshire, 4 andalusian,1 cubalya, 3 americauna , 1 wyandotte and 3 production hybrid layers. Can certainly meet you somewhere. I'm in hunterdon co,nj near the pa border. Where are you in pa?

Hi there ! Sorry to hear you have to give them up.

I'm in Warren Cty, up in White Township (not far from Belvidere and Hackettstown.) My daughter works are Cracker Barrel in Clinton, and I have family in Flemington. :) If you have a hard time finding a place for them, just let me know. We have 18 acres, with 6 goats, 8 ducks, and 23 chickens. All my chickens right now are one year old ex-commerical leghorns, living the good life now. They have a penned in area and multiple coops, but they fly out and roam the grounds at will haha My ducks are all rescues, 3 of the goats were born here, the other 3 were adopted or rescued.

If Alibabba or someone else can help you out, great!! Just wanted to message you in case you get stuck. We can be your last happy resort.
Best of luck!

Thank you so much for reaching out! I'm in a position of getting them the best home I can find. And whoever can help, it's All good. You're Pretty close by and could offer them a lovely life too. I'm fine with splitting this flock. I just know I can't procrastinate anymore. After rehoming MY girls, I still need to sell 30 pullets but they won't be ready for at least another month.have not heard more from Alibaba and want to communicate with her some more. Would you be able or be interested in taking some or half if that works for Alibaba too?

Of course! I'd be really partial to your wyandotte, americaunas, dominique, and andalusians :) White eggs 24/7 get boring sometimes haha

I'll be around and happy to help out however we can!

That's funny!! It's part of the reason why I always have mixed flock--love the variety! Will say tho that these girls aren't laying like they used to, only 3 or 4 are 2, the rest 3yrs old AND of it's Hot AND they're molting

Oops, sent that before I was done. Anyway, it'd be a huge relief to find them homes as it's been heavy on my mind. You sound like a softie too with all your critters. I also still have 3 rescue dogs and cat that got dumped here. And can't possibly give them up. Am going to keep my bantam trio and see how that goes. The thought of giving up ckns completely is impossible to get my brain around
On a happier note, how funny that in ways you're So local with your daughter working in Clinton and family in flemington. I live between pittstown and frenchtown. You're probably about an hr north of me!

Yeah, I'm a big softy for the critters. Especially the ones that need a little help. I'm the one that ends up with the 3 legged iguanas, the snake that got attacked by prey, the hairless cats, the old chickens etc hahaha

Can't help it, lovem to pieces :) I'm in Clinton several times a week, and will actually be in Ringoes tomorrow. I'm out there a lot - so just let me know. :)

Back
Top Bottom