@ruthhope, do you have anyone in Miami that may be able to help get this Muscovy drake a home?

I don't as that boy is a house duck and folks I know who rescue have backyard flocks or duck sanctuaries. My Daffy would never forgive me if I let another duck live in my house and made him stay in the coop with "ducks". Daffy thinks he should be a house duck!

I think he could be transitioned to live outside with other ducks. How about another sanctuary? I only know of duck haven.
I only know of duck haven near Miami and the owner is elderly and overwhelmed.

I don't know if the duck could be sent in a pet carrier by Amtrak from Miami to Palatka. If it can, then I would pick him up from Palatka and look after him prior to rehoming.

If he can’t be transported by Amtrak, maybe Citizen Shipper could be an option? I used it a few months ago to have a dog transported from TN to me, over 400 miles. I know they have an option for other animals to be transported as well. It could be worth looking at :)

Is he okay with other ducks? We lost our house duck in August. We have other ducks outdoors that we'd let him interact with, but he'd ultimately live indoors and stay with us. He acted like a dog.

We are in Tampa

If he's friendly, we could take him for you. We will actually be in Miami the day after Thanksgiving, if you are around to meet. We are happy to FaceTime with you, too, if you'd like to do a mini interview. :)

And... if for whatever reason we are not a good fit, we know a wonderful all-animal rescue here in Tampa that takes in farm animals. The owner lives on the property. Schools do field trips. Volunteers are always present. The ducks have full run of the property. And there are some ducks that are attached to people and follow the volunteers around. We board our ducks there, so we could visit often to provide photos and updates.

That's only if we weren't a good fit. We'd be happy to transport him there, if you could meet us on Nov. 24th in/near Doral.

Let us know if you're interested.

Amanda

PS. Here are some photos of Lenny, our baby who passed suddenly in August. He went everywhere with us, including the park, car rides, Starbucks, family holidays... we love and miss the little guy so much.

More photos and videos of our little duck family are on our IG via @beanies_the_borador.

Attachments

• 20230819_233134.jpg
    20230819_233134.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230704_135811.jpg
    20230704_135811.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230522_222956.jpg
    20230522_222956.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom