Pekin duck needs home

Yes he's a drake. Young adult: certainly hatched this year. He is very thin and very hungry and has a strange injury to his bill (only cosmetic, his bill is fully functional). Wilson ate a cupful of pellets and mealy worms and drank most of two cupsful of water on our way home. He is now snug in a dog crate in my coop, see but no touch with my muscovy.
20231219_172526.jpg

It's cold here (by Florida standards so I gave Wilson and the muscovy boys a lot of pine straw to snuggle up in. In practice, only butter, the all white muscovy, is adept at snuggling in and making a nest in the straw

Yes he's a drake. Young adult: certainly hatched this year. He is very thin and very hungry and has a strange injury to his bill (only cosmetic, his bill is fully functional). Wilson ate a cupful of pellets and mealy worms and drank most of two cupsful of water on our way home. He is now snug in a dog crate in my coop, see but no touch with my muscovy.
View attachment 3708735

It's cold here (by Florida standards so I gave Wilson and the muscovy boys a lot of pine straw to snuggle up in. In practice, only butter, the all white muscovy, is adept at snuggling in and making a nest in the straw
Thanks Ruth for making this a happy ending to a great story. Wilson is Blessed to have you.

View attachment 3708735

So wonderful! I hope all the best for Wilson!

How precious Wilson is and looks to be very interesting to the Muscovy boys lol

Thank you for being there for Wilson I am sure you'll have him in top shape in no time.
The muscovy ae very excited by the presence of Wilson -- although O Pato was trying to bite him through the bars of the crate. Wilson was giving as good as he gets and was trying to bite O Pato. But I don't like biting and, as I am not staying in the coop to remind them of that, I put in a piece of barred shelving just an inch to the side of the dog crate so that they couldn't get their beaks through to bite each other after taking the photo and watching them through my spy hole for a while.
20231219_173403.jpg

It appears that someone dumped a Pekin duck in the pond behind my house. I wasnt concerned at first because I thought it could befriend the muscovy ducks that frequent the pond. Unfortunately, the Pekin refuses to integrate with the muscovy. Instead, he spend his days next to a child's white volleyball that fell into the pond. I'm assuming that he has found comfort next to the white object, because he is only use to being around other Pekin. If anyone is interested in taking him/her, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom