Can you help me identify these breeds?

FancyChiknGirl

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2015
This is from my previous post on a different thread.. I said I bought 5 chickens and onlu remembered what 1 was... I made a mistake, I know what 2 are. I have 3 that I dont know the breed. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I'm guessing they came from a breeder rather than a hatchery? If so, I believe they're all mixed breed birds. There could be quite a bit of Marans blood for the feathered shanks and white/pink skin. Other than that, it's hard to say.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm guessing they came from a breeder rather than a hatchery? If so, I believe they're all mixed breed birds. There could be quite a bit of Marans blood for the feathered shanks and white/pink skin. Other than that, it's hard to say.
Agreed

welcome-byc.gif

X2 on the above.

I think the black one is a black sex link. That's what I have and they look very similar.
The coloring is very similar between Black Sex Link hens and Black Copper Marans, but Black Sex Links are typically bare legged unlike the black bird in the 2nd pic which has the feathered legs typical of Marans.

Back
Top Bottom