Help in identification will be Super appreciated.

AliBia

Chirping
Jul 12, 2023
I would hugely appreciate it if folks from this community would help identify these breeds.
The previous owner, at the time of purchase didn't explain, and later when I shared their photos with her, was rather uncertain.

1 - Snowy, was identified as Splash Silky. However, when I look up Splsh Silky, the feathers aren't the same at all. Her comb, as you can see in the image, is rose and almost purple-black. Her eggs are pink-tinted.

ALI_8054.jpg

2 - Chotu, the rooster, was identified as Mottled Pekin. Feathered legs and a total sweet heart!

ALI_8951.jpg

3 - Blacky Tan was identified by her previous owner as a B;ack Rock or a Rhode Rock. Her eggs are creamish colour, and more in the range of medium/large. She's a rather flighty hen, but it may be this individual bird.

ALI_9047.jpg

4 - Tina, has been identified as Blue Cream Crested Legbar. Her eggs are pale blue. Looking at other images of Legbars, she certainly seems to fit the bill.

ALI_8861.jpg

Much obliged in advance for all your help.

The first girl is a silkie mix, don't think she'd be considered a pure satin either (satins are silkies with normal feathering). How many toes does she have? The second bird is indeed a Pekin, not sure on the colour. The third female I think is a mix, since a black rock, or a black sex link would not have a pea comb. What colour are her eggs? The last female is indeed a Crested Cream Legbar

The first girl is a silkie mix, don't think she'd be considered a pure satin either (satins are silkies with normal feathering). How many toes does she have? The second bird is indeed a Pekin, not sure on the colour. The third female I think is a mix, since a black rock, or a black sex link would not have a pea comb. What colour are her eggs? The last female is indeed a Crested Cream Legbar
Snowy, the first girl has four toes. Her legs are feathered and black. Last years she got broody twice!

Chotu is a Pekin, good to know.

Blacky Tan, the third girl lays beige cream colour eggs.

Glad to get the confirmation of the Legbar being a Legbar :)

Thank you FluffyCrow

Snowy, the first girl has four toes. Her legs are feathered and black. Last years she got broody twice!

Chotu is a Pekin, good to know.

Blacky Tan, the third girl lays beige cream colour eggs.

Glad to get the confirmation of the Legbar being a Legbar :)

Thank you FluffyCrow

Sounds like a silkie mix to me. What else she has in her, I am not yet good enough to tell. Chotu is a very nice name for your pretty boy, seems fitting. Black Tan sounds like a gorgeous mix to me, can't think of any breeds that look like her and sport a pea comb.

They're a beautiful bunch, and they seem very well cared for. Glad i could be of help

Sounds like a silkie mix to me. What else she has in her, I am not yet good enough to tell. Chotu is a very nice name for your pretty boy, seems fitting. Black Tan sounds like a gorgeous mix to me, can't think of any breeds that look like her and sport a pea comb.

They're a beautiful bunch, and they seem very well cared for. Glad i could be of help
Thank you! They are much loved and cared for. Chotu, the rooster is no more, however I have three of his babies. Wadda, a rooster from the egg of Blacky Tan. And two girls, Mulato and Nikki, their mamma is Snowy the silkie mix.

Attachments

• AMZ_0812.jpg
    AMZ_0812.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 4
  • AMZ_0835.jpg
    AMZ_0835.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240127_150332~2.jpg
    20240127_150332~2.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 6
Thank you! They are much loved and cared for. Chotu, the rooster is no more, however I have three of his babies. Wadda, a rooster from the egg of Blacky Tan. And two girls, Mulato and Nikki, their mamma is Snowy the silkie mix.

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss:hugs. Glad you got to have some of his children, makes it easier to know you'll always have a part of him in your flock. His children look gorgeous as well

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss:hugs. Glad you got to have some of his children, makes it easier to know you'll always have a part of him in your flock. His children look gorgeous as well
His daughter Mulato, is three days into brooding, and Wadda his boy, has fathered two gorgeous chicks, a week old now. 1* Afreen (Mamma ISA) and 2* Basma (Mamma Swedish Flower Hen).
Can't wait to see what plumage they develop!

Attachments

• AMZ_0980.jpg
    AMZ_0980.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 4
  • AMZ_0987.jpg
    AMZ_0987.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 5
I would hugely appreciate it if folks from this community would help identify these breeds.
The previous owner, at the time of purchase didn't explain, and later when I shared their photos with her, was rather uncertain.

1 - Snowy, was identified as Splash Silky. However, when I look up Splsh Silky, the feathers aren't the same at all. Her comb, as you can see in the image, is rose and almost purple-black. Her eggs are pink-tinted.

View attachment 3751092

2 - Chotu, the rooster, was identified as Mottled Pekin. Feathered legs and a total sweet heart!

View attachment 3751093

3 - Blacky Tan was identified by her previous owner as a B;ack Rock or a Rhode Rock. Her eggs are creamish colour, and more in the range of medium/large. She's a rather flighty hen, but it may be this individual bird.

View attachment 3751094

4 - Tina, has been identified as Blue Cream Crested Legbar. Her eggs are pale blue. Looking at other images of Legbars, she certainly seems to fit the bill.

View attachment 3751095

Much obliged in advance for all your help.
The white one at the top is probably Easter Egg, crossed with silkie to account for the odd comb/ beak/ foot coloring.

The white one at the top is probably Easter Egg, crossed with silkie to account for the odd comb/ beak/ foot coloring.
Aaaah!!! That would kind'a make sense. Snowy is a brave heart blessed one, she's has come out alive from a fox's mouth and survived a rather brutal mating from an Aseel rooster.
Thank you C_T_C

Let's hope Mulato hatches some wonderful, healthy chicks, and is an awesome mother! Wadda's babies, and Chotu's grandchildren
His daughter Mulato, is three days into brooding, and Wadda his boy, has fathered two gorgeous chicks, a week old now. 1* Afreen (Mamma ISA) and 2* Basma (Mamma Swedish Flower Hen).
Can't wait to see what plumage they develop!

are adorable! Looking very healthy too!

Back
Top Bottom