Can anyone tell me if these are BLRW?

Ringtailtwister

Chirping
Jul 5, 2015
Middle, Tennessee
I can't tell if these are Blue Laced Red Wyandotts. Can anyone tell me? Please look at the photo and see if you can help me decide. I don't want to add them to my flock if they are cross bred.

They look like hatchery quality gold laced Wyandottes to me. The blue dilute gene affects the black color. If a bird has one blue dilute gene, all the black will be diluted to blue. If they have two blue dilute genes (splash), then the black will be diluted to white or light grey. If a bird has black feathers, then there is no blue gene present at all.

Thanks for the info I'm trying to learn how to breed the pure blue/red variety.
jumpy.gif

They look like hatchery quality gold laced Wyandottes to me. The blue dilute gene affects the black color. If a bird has one blue dilute gene, all the black will be diluted to blue. If they have two blue dilute genes (splash), then the black will be diluted to white or light grey. If a bird has black feathers, then there is no blue gene present at all.

I agree.

BLRW do come in Blue, Splash and Black... Black to Splash makes Blue. So they could be BLRW, and just the Black of that...

Back
Top Bottom