roosters with guineas?

Walden

Hatching
Sep 4, 2015
We have chickens and guineas. Each have their own coop & run. We have 12 chickens in their coop- 11 hens and a rooster who is very protective. We have 11 guineas in their coop- mixed ages and sexes. Last week someone dumped a rooster at the neighbor's house and we ended up taking him thinking it was a hen. The next day he crowed and we suspect he's young b/c there is no evidence of spurs even poking through yet. He is a barred rock and is very sweet so far which is why i would like to keep him. I have him in quarantine right now but when the time comes to house him, I am wondering how he would do with the guineas since they are all under 6 months and this rooster seems young too? Does anyone have experience with mixing younger guineas and a rooster? I don't even want to attempt to introduce him to our rooster because he attacks everything that moves. thank you!

My quineas will fight with with my hens and roasters . I only have three guines and about sixty layer and few dozen roaster out side free ranging . I have tryed my guineas in with my layers in side and this did not work well for my layers . My guineas now and in the past are just mean birds. So if you try them watch them close .

Back
Top Bottom