What breed are these red hens?

calamarie

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2015
Sorry the picture is not that great with my big rooster Bob blocking the view, I'll try and get a better one. I got these 5 girls from someone who did not know what they were, 4 light red and one dark. They are super good layers and lay large light brown eggs but one lays a dark brown egg and they are pretty petite birds.

Sorry the picture is not that great with my big rooster Bob blocking the view, I'll try and get a better one. I got these 5 girls from someone who did not know what they were, 4 light red and one dark. They are super good layers and lay large light brown eggs but one lays a dark brown egg and they are pretty petite birds.
The ones with white through the tail are red sexlinks, not Production Reds.

The ones with white through the tail are red sexlinks, not Production Reds.
I was thinking sex-links also, only because of their personality. They are super curious always pecking at anything on me when i'm in the coop, they come right up to you and follow you around and my black sexlinks do the exact same thing. they do have some white through the tail but seem to be molding or something so they look kind of goofy at the moment. So then the other one would be a Rhode Island red?

Back
Top Bottom