Special Needs Chicken Owners

chicken19

Songster
Jul 16, 2015
Riding my horse
My Coop
My Coop
Come all Special Needs Chicken Owners!!

My name is chicken19 and I have a 6 week old cross beak chick. She can barely eat normal chick crumble.
I give her a watery broth made of sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, chick crumble, raw egg, and water.
In the daytime she lives outside with the other chicks and eats the normal chick crumble.
At night I put her in a crate inside the house and give her broth.

I have also saved a chick called Owlet when she was sick and weak.
I want to start a Special Needs Chicken Rescue but right now I don't have room for more chickens!

If you have or have had a special needs chicken please come here to chat and help others!
Chicken19
If you have info on tube feeding and other mashes please post them here!
Also, please post links to your own Special Needs Chicken sites, articles, and forums!

Hello! This is so cool!

I have a 7 month old Buff Orpington pullet that I like to think of as my special needs chicken. When we got little Moo Cow when she was 6 weeks old she was covered in poop and she could not move her wings or stay balanced. So she kept falling over all the time and was always pushed away from the food and water by the other chickens. We also discovered that Moo Cow had a "gimpy" foot, all of her toes on one of her feet are curled under her foot. So we brought Moo Cow inside and gave her a bath and fed her some Cheerios. With some "therapy sessions" and help with Cheerios, Moo Cow learned how to use her wings and stay balanced. Now Moo Cow is everyone's favorite chicken and the most friendly. Whenever we go out to the coop she always comes running to you and is eager to jump in your lap and cuddle. Though she became a bit of a Cheerio monster! :lol: We can deal with that though! Moo Cow is also best friends with an Easter Egger and a Buckeye pullet.

I would love to have a special needs chicken rescue eventually too! For now, I hope I can help others who have been given the great task of helping a special needs chicken! It can be a tiring task, but it is worth it!

I think Moo Cow is a Special Needs Chicken. I basically think that any chicken that needs or has needed extra care is or was a SNC.
That's such a great story.

I might find the funds to build another coop and pursue my dream of helping more SNC's. I love caring for them.

Have a great day and welcome to SNCO!

I think Moo Cow is a Special Needs Chicken. I basically think that any chicken that needs or has needed extra care is or was a SNC. 
That's such a great story.

I might find the funds to build another coop and pursue my dream of helping more SNC's. I love caring for them.

Have a great day and welcome to SNCO!

Thanks! I always enjoy the story too! Hope you had a great day!

You too!
I was away for 1 night and half a day from LB (my SNC) and I came back.
I missed her so much and 'oooohhhh' my cuddles with LB had never felt so good. I love that lil' darling so much!

I get so worried when I'm more than a 12 minute drive away from them.
My chick LB is such a darling little crossbeak!
love.gif

I have 2 "special needs" chickens also... I stepped on one's foot :( I had the first one indoors in a little box, but I decided to put her in with the ducklings... which was a great idea! the ducklings accepted her and she was right at home with them :) ducklings are sweet, gentle roommates and the chicks snuggled with them. the other hurt bird was also injured on her leg... and I did the same thing, i put her in with the ducklings and now both of them are almost completely healed, and they think they're ducks... LOL :) they now live in the duck house with 12 ducks of different ages :)

Back
Top Bottom