Tweety & The Peeps' Journal by ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200

Crowing
8 Years
May 10, 2013
I'll be in the barn!
Hi, everyone!

Tweety & the peeps have just arrived today! Tweety Muffin is an EE who looks to be Splash in color. She's already my favorite. She's full of spunk and loves to chase her starter, Chippy around on the porch. She's already trying to fly and she's only a day old!

Here's some not so great pics of the chicks till I can upload the good ones.

There are eight chicks in all. Four EEs and four BAs. I'm in love already!

Follow along here to watch the girls grow!

I haven't been out to visit the girls this morning yet... mylittle brother was trying to wake me up earlier. Despite the fact that Tweety pooped on my hand last night, I still love her. Shes going to be my favorite!

I have my suspicions about one of the "BAs". I think B. A. (Her name) might be a Jersey Giant instead. Either way, I'll still love her and keep her, but would be a disappointment if she isnt what i ordered.

MPC shipped the chicks well. When we opened the box, I thought I'd see a few dead and they'd be sleepy little things, but Tweety was so excited to see the box open that she nearly jumped onto my shoulder!

The girls are five days old and I'm still worrying about Penguin. She's still looking like a day old chick. The others are twice the size of her and pushing her around. I made sure she got some feed and water in her when I checked them this morning because the others were keeping her away from it. B. A. seems to be the only one who is "mothering" her and protecting her.

I'm confused whether I got one or three BAs. B. A. is feathering in soli black, but the other three are feathering in with white. B. A. has been different from the otehrs since day 1. I have to wonder if she is a JG or if it's the other three that are the wrong breed. Either way, I'm still happy, but I'm very curious.

Cocoa has a definite pea comb and green legs. At first I thought maybe she was an Olive Egger who snuck in my batch. What kind of comb do they have? I'll have to look it up. If she's not an OE, she must just be a non-bearded EE. All the EEs have pretty striped wing feathers. chippy and Tweety are similar, but Tweety is white based and Chippy is brown based. They are all so cute and beginning to get pretty.

The girls are five days old and I'm still worrying about Penguin. She's still looking like a day old chick. The others are twice the size of her and pushing her around. I made sure she got some feed and water in her when I checked them this morning because the others were keeping her away from it. B. A. seems to be the only one who is "mothering" her and protecting her.

I'm confused whether I got one or three BAs. B. A. is feathering in soli black, but the other three are feathering in with white. B. A. has been different from the otehrs since day 1. I have to wonder if she is a JG or if it's the other three that are the wrong breed. Either way, I'm still happy, but I'm very curious.

Cocoa has a definite pea comb and green legs. At first I thought maybe she was an Olive Egger who snuck in my batch. What kind of comb do they have? I'll have to look it up. If she's not an OE, she must just be a non-bearded EE. All the EEs have pretty striped wing feathers. chippy and Tweety are similar, but Tweety is white based and Chippy is brown based. They are all so cute and beginning to get pretty.

I hope she's ok!i got my chicks!!!ill post pics later but the breeds:2 EES.1name:acorn,1golden comet,name:tiny,1splash amercuina,1 SLW,name:maybe not sure tho,raven.and a WLH!!!!there so cute! :love :love

Back
Top Bottom