Non emergency identifying this bird please

Lynnsfarm

Songster
8 Years
Nov 19, 2014
I was outside painting today. All my chickens were wandering around the yard like normal. When I went in my garage I found this bird inside just hanging out. It was almost dark so I closed it in. I think it might be a pigeon? Its very plump,and has fairly short legs, lol

Thanks I though so. Is pretty friendly too, but I'm not keeping it.. with chickens and a goose- I have enough poo to clean up lol. Hopefully it has a home.

Well it will not leave lol. We gently chased it out of garage, and it went right back in! I put it in a large dog crate outside on top of my shed. It is very afraid of something outside it seems. I put a found ad in Craigs list geesh I don't know what to do with it.

Something probably chased it in there. Turn it loose, it'll likely go home. Or keep it, there like mini chickens that like to take water baths. Eat the same as chickens.

Lol I tried to "turn it loose" it went back into garage. Anyone know of any pigeon keepers in the valley? Modesto, Stockton, Merced area of California.

Back
Top Bottom