Limping chicken

tillyschick

Chirping
Feb 20, 2016
Tonight when I let the girls out, I noticed one limping. Not a terrible limp but when she tries to run I can really tell. I think she may have hurt is jumping off the tiny coop that some of the other chickens like to sit on. Is there anything I should do? She is my favorite and don't want something to happen to her!

Tonight when I let the girls out, I noticed one limping. Not a terrible limp but when she tries to run I can really tell. I think she may have hurt is jumping off the tiny coop that some of the other chickens like to sit on. Is there anything I should do? She is my favorite and don't want something to happen to her!
My favorite did that too, but within a week she was walking fine. I just kept an eye on her.

Thank you! I did check for bubble foot and heat on the leg in case anyone was wondering. I read you can give a 1/2 baby aspirin and see if that helps to be reassured that it's probably a hurt leg/muscle. I'm new to chickens so I would hate to miss a major issue.

I have a ten week old cockerel who has seemed weak and limping slightly for the past week. I have checked his legs and feet and cant find any sign of injury. He is eating fine and poop is normal and when Im giving him and his siblings treats he CAN run if he wants, but then other times he is wobbly and ends up sitting down frequently. Has anyone seen something similar? Its been at least a week and he's the same, not better or worse. None of my other chickens are showing any sign of illness, no mites etc. What could this be?

My chicken improved in a few days. I gave her the baby aspirin for 2 days and she has been laying on and off. She is going into molt now but other then that has been normal!

Back
Top Bottom