Egg with a tail

henlady8

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2016
Midwest
this morning I let the girls out to free range. By 3 o clock I was having major issues with my girl Yote. She wouldn't come out of the run, or hardly even move. She then passed an "egg" right in front of me, right in the middle of the run. She immediately fell asleep. I made a noise and she woke up and went in the coop to roost. ??

What on earth is going on?

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I've never seen such an egg! It seems like the egg passed through the calcification process a little too quickly. Is she new to laying?

Best wishes
CT

Thanks. I've only about 20 minuets into this website so I'm still trying to figure it all out. Thanks for the advice

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Pleased to have you aboard. Like the folks who previously posted - that's a new one on me...and a little creepy. Hope the folks over in the Egg Laying Forum have a suggestion on what that is because I sure don't! Please let us know what you find out!

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Pleased to have you aboard. Like the folks who previously posted - that's a new one on me...and a little creepy. Hope the folks over in the Egg Laying Forum have a suggestion on what that is because I sure don't! Please let us know what you find out!

I think we've come to the conclusion that it was part of a membrane that didn't detach. She's acting like a new woman today so I guess it was just a fluke thing. Just so bizarre!

Back
Top Bottom