Raised garden bed question.

txjoe80

In the Brooder
May 1, 2015
So i got some 2x12x12 from my uncle to make some raised beds. He had used them for a sidewalk he poured so i was going to scrape the lil bit of concrete off. He just told me they also brushed on some motor oil on all the wood. Really dont want this wood to go to waste. Is it alright to use it for my garden boxes or do i have to do something to it in order to use it.

You could have some of the oil leach into your soil, so I'm not quite sure that I would be willing to use that wood on a garden bed. The only solution I can think of is if you find a way to cover the wood completely so that the motor oil cannot seep out into the soil.

Well tht sux. Would have been able to make quite a few beds with this. Thought maybe there was a way to wash it off...but better safe then sorry
You could have some of the oil leach into your soil, so I'm not quite sure that I would be willing to use that wood on a garden bed.  The only solution I can think of is if you find a way to cover the wood completely so that the motor oil cannot seep out into the soil.  

Back
Top Bottom