Pipd's Peeps!

I do the ones from the three hens that are co-parenting. I was already planing on keeping one of the males to replace the silver phoenix male I lost. I'll have to see if we get one that has blue in the make up. I'm going to pull all the Phoenix hen eggs from the box today and set them aside to hatch out.

I would be weeding out the single comb from Dusty. I'm sure he was split pea comb gens. With the old english I'll be dealing with white legs instead of willow. I may have to order more silver bantam Ameraucana hatching eggs from GypsyHen tho.

:fl on getting a little one with blue dilution in the mix!

White legs are dominant to slate, so shouldn't be too hard to get rid of. Once it's gone, you know it's gone at least. It's those recessive genes that can hide sometimes and haunt you later on. Good luck, I'm really rooting for you on that project! Blue golden duckwing is such a pretty coloration. :love

:fl on getting a little one with blue dilution in the mix!

White legs are dominant to slate, so shouldn't be too hard to get rid of. Once it's gone, you know it's gone at least. It's those recessive genes that can hide sometimes and haunt you later on. Good luck, I'm really rooting for you on that project! Blue golden duckwing is such a pretty coloration. :love
I placed a bid on the OEGB.

Another option I have is making blue brassy back EE/Ameraucana. I can do that once I have the rosecombs going.

Ooh, exciting! :pop

Brassy back is an interesting one. I've seen like three different explanations for their phenotype and I'm not sure which is correct. 🤔 So that one might be tough to nail down.

How are your eggs looking? Any early birds? I've got one little bitty Blue Buck baby out as of a few hours ago, and two more are air breathers :love I went ahead and moved the little one to the baby brooder with last weekend's babies to keep her company while the others work on hatching.

1715472494046.png

The week olds are... not impressed. 🤭

1715472614091.png

Little possible recessive white baby on the far left, here, is getting little wing feathers that sure look white to me compared to the three Splash babies... but I'm just not positive enough to say. 🤔

Brassy back is an interesting one. I've seen like three different explanations for their phenotype and I'm not sure which is correct. 🤔 So that one might be tough to nail down.

How are your eggs looking? Any early birds? I've got one little bitty Blue Buck baby out as of a few hours ago, and two more are air breathers :love I went ahead and moved the little one to the baby brooder with last weekend's babies to keep her company while the others work on hatching.

View attachment 3828920

View attachment 3828921

Little possible recessive white baby on the far left, here, is getting little wing feathers that sure look white to me compared to the three Splash babies... but I'm just not positive enough to say. 🤔
She has a pink beak too, how fascinating! I hope she is a white for you 😃

Little Blue Buck is so little and fluffy! :love

Any Judy booties is this hatch!?! Not that I'm biased and would be cheering extra for them...

View attachment 3828920

View attachment 3828921

So Zilla the angry cochin that leavs her kids for others to look after lost broody privileges. All eggs from Dustys pen are in the incubators. One hatched just hrs after I put it in the lockdown incubator! Also have like 3 silkies hatched.

Any Judy booties is this hatch!?! Not that I'm biased and would be cheering extra for them...

These are Buck's babies, Judy's nieces and nephews. Hopefully mostly nieces. 🤭

So Zilla the angry cochin that leavs her kids for others to look after lost broody privileges. All eggs from Dustys pen are in the incubators. One hatched just hrs after I put it in the lockdown incubator! Also have like 3 silkies hatched.

Ah, I have one kind of like that as well! She's also lost her broody privileges. She's broody right now and her butt went straight to jail. :rant

Congrats on the babies so far!! :fl for lots of Dusty's babies!

All 5 of the Buck babies are out, and all 5 are Blue as expected when you cross Splash to Black. :yesss: Obviously that's a pretty small sample size so I'll be keeping an eye out for Splashes in future hatches, just in case.

Here are the four that hatched overnight. Major cuteness overload! :love

1715518331745.png

1715518371639.png

The little early bird was out and about with the week-olds this morning, already learning the ropes 🥰 When I tucked the four from overnight in there under the EcoGlow, that little one happily joined them, probably pretty happy to have someone less energetic to cuddle with.

Last edited:
The incubator is so full of fluff!

1000005985.jpg

I had to help a Brahma out. It piped and half zipped right under the fan so when it was resting the membrane got dried out and it was stuck. Warm water and peeled some shell away and it pushed out in my hand.

Going to have to move some out of the incubator soon it's getting crowded in there. More than 28 eggs went into lockdown!

Back
Top Bottom