Rumpless French Black Copper Marans

I’ve had him just about a month. He came out of a super chocolate colored egg but none of the other eggs hatched so no clutch mates to compare.
He seems to stay clean back there. I had read that true rumpless birds can get a bit messy. So maybe he does have a little tail.

Thanks @NatJ and @MysteryChicken for your knowledge.

Good luck getting some olive egger hens next time @wrathsfarm. If I get some, maybe I can update this thread in the future!
You're welcome.

I’ve had him just about a month. He came out of a super chocolate colored egg but none of the other eggs hatched so no clutch mates to compare.
He seems to stay clean back there. I had read that true rumpless birds can get a bit messy. So maybe he does have a little tail.

Thanks @NatJ and @MysteryChicken for your knowledge.

Good luck getting some olive egger hens next time @wrathsfarm. If I get some, maybe I can update this thread in the future!
His tail reminds me of a young Brahma’s tail, or similar breed which have full hackles covering their well up their tail. I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of large sickle feathers pop out soon.

I’d be interested to see him as an adult.

A friend ordered these nice chocolate brown eggs, supposedly French Black Copper Marans. There were 12 to start, but only this guy hatched (post office forgot to call and they sat too long). Hens were desired, so a future rooster had to go. I offered to take him to replace my older rooster.
And as he is growing, he has no tail!
I have been looking for comparison pics, and though I have read some threads about this occurring in the FBCM, I don’t remember seeing pictures, so decided I would take some to share.
And if anyone has any input, I’d be happy to hear it: is it really a FBCM? do I have to worry about him breeding my puffy cheek EE girls and having a lethal combo of genes? etc.
He is about 12 weeks old.
My BCM s tail is short too, beautiful, but short. Good luck, I think he is a BCM tho. Maybe a BCM Arafat a cross? Anyways good luck

Back
Top Bottom