First time chicken owner wondering gender of 2 chickens

kb105059

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2016
Hello All!
I got 6 baby chicks on Friday June 10th 2016. They were only a few days old when I got them. So now they are about 20 weeks old. I have a Rhode Island Red and a Buff Orpington that I am questioning if they are a rooster or not. The Rhode Island Red I am questionings name is Mark and his sister is Margo(I have put pictures of both on here). And the Buff Orpington I am questionings name is Peaches, and his/her sisters name is Wilma(I have put pictures of both on here also). Please let me know what you all think. I appreciate your help!!

Oh good. Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you so much for your quick response!

welcome-byc.gif

Everyone looks female. Mark will be giving you eggs literally any day now
smile.png

Where did you get the chicks? Peaches looks female, but not like an Orpington at all. Too lean and upright.....

I agree with everyone else, all look to be pullets and Mark looks close to laying! :)
:welcome

Everyone looks female. Mark will be giving you eggs literally any day now :)

Where did you get the chicks? Peaches looks female, but not like an Orpington at all. Too lean and upright.....

I agree on Peaches.....and is it me, or are her legs grayish colored? Could just be the pic though. She looks a wee bit Sex-Linky to me, but if her legs are gray she could also have some EE.

Last edited:
Pullets.

Peaches looks like a very hatchery quality Orp to me. Which is to say a generally golden colored mutt, like almost every other hatchery Buff Orp. It's Leghorn outcrossing to improve egg production, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom