Rooster or hen

tigey

Hatching
Jan 15, 2017
Trying to work out if I have roosters or hens. New to this site so cannot work out how to post up pictures. Might just put the pic up as my profile?

There should be some kind of picture symbol somewhere, can't see your profile pic...so hopefully you figure it out. Good Luck

The one in the background of this pictures is a cockerel and I am suspicious of the front one as well:

900x900px-LL-b6512a5f_IMG_1245.jpeg

Cockerel in the back here:

900x900px-LL-c40f0b1c_IMG_1246.jpeg

This is a cockerel, I think the same bird:

900x900px-LL-beb990d7_IMG_1248.jpeg

Last edited:
There are two options for uploading pictures. In my opinion, easiest way is to save the picture on your computer.

Then, when you go to reply (make a post on this thread), among the options on the rows of buttons above where you type, you will see a tiny picture of mountains with a sun in the corner. Click on that, and it will give you the option to upload photos from your computer.

(It will also give the option to upload them from the internet using the URL, like if you have pictures saved on a blog.)

You just click "Upload files" and it will take you to the pictures saved on your computer. Then you click the one you want and hit "open."

You'll be able to choose what size you want it to appear.

Hope that helpd.
smile.png

Oh haha. Looks like someone got there first.
tongue.png

The light gray one and the black one closer to the camera look like girls to me, the one standing behind the gray one looks like a boy. The other two I'm not sure on. They are all very pretty.

How old at they? Age will help determine but im thinkinh just one rooster which is colorful big one in last pic.

That's why what im thinking as well. A friend at work said I should start to tell them apart. And those two are... slightly different from the others. But the big one silver, black with slight brown is very different from them.
1f610.png
I've heard no noise from him though.

They are I think around 5 months. I bought them when they had just hatched out of their incubater. No eggs yet but they are really close to bull size hens. With that grey black with brown the biggest. But his feet are bigger then the others. And although he's big he's not as.... fat. As the others but it's bigger. I really thought I'd be able to tell by this age
1f60a.png

There are 5.... if there are two roosters... ?? Will it hurt to keep both? Their all awesome chickens. I make a special whistle and they recognise it for food and run for me. Helps I haven't seen any fights, but maybe that's just because the hens are not laying and mating hasn't occurred yet. So no competition.

Back
Top Bottom