Hatchaholics Unite!

Pics

theceltichorse

Songster
Nov 5, 2016
Lacey, WA
Hi! My name is Marcell. I hatched my first eggs in November. I now have a hatching addiction! It's now been 23 days since I last set eggs. I will be reaching out to others for support in locking my incubator away!!!

Must. Not. Hatch. Any. More. Birds...

Care to share your addiction?
1f602.png

I'm Jessica and it's been 16 days since I set eggs.

I'm trying to get more buff orpingtons so they can go broody and hatch eggs for me. Then it's not my fault right? What? I have baby chicks again... I guess the hen just sat on some eggs, I didn't know she was doing that! Oh well, I guess I have MORE babies!!!
lau.gif

I think after the long, cold winter I have spring fever a little early. I think it will simmer down when it starts getting warm and I have to go do chicken chores all the time.

Also, I've started some lettuce and onion seeds inside. Growing things helps with the addiction and growing plants is a lot less expensive than growing chickens!

Gardening? Hmm, I am going to try my hand at that this year too. I am locking my incubator away... Wait... no, Yes... N0... YES!!!

I have spring fever badly. I keep telling myself I will have PLENTY of baby birds to dote after here shortly (volunteer for a wildlife rehab facility). Wait, I might need my incubator for them... (NO, No you won't!)

Hi, my name is Savannah. I bought my incubator, an IncuView, refurbished on EBay for $80.00 cheaper than brand new back in November. I set my first 26 eggs on January 12th and 23 hatched the first week of February. I set 27 more to hatch the end of this month, and I just bought a Little Giant Styrofoam bator. And I'm just getting started......evil laugh

Gardening? Hmm, I am going to try my hand at that this year too. I am locking my incubator away... Wait... no, Yes... N0... YES!!!

I have spring fever badly. I keep telling myself I will have PLENTY of baby birds to dote after here shortly (volunteer for a wildlife rehab facility). Wait, I might need my incubator for them... (NO, No you won't!)
I think you HAVE to have a garden if you have chickens. Their poop and dirty bedding makes great compost, and you can grow stuff and feed it back to the chickens. If my system was a little better I would've also had them take care of my bug problem in my garden last year. They ended up getting a lot of bug infested tomatoes and cabbage. This year I'm going to try to get them to eat the bugs early so I can be the one to get tomatoes and cabbage!

I'm sure once you have to buy ANOTHER bag of chick starter after you were JUST at the feed store getting some, that will convince you to put the incubator away! Mine keep throwing half of their food on the ground.

I think you HAVE to have a garden if you have chickens.  Their poop and dirty bedding makes great compost, and you can grow stuff and feed it back to the chickens.  If my system was a little better I would've also had them take care of my bug problem in my garden last year.  They ended up getting a lot of bug infested tomatoes and cabbage.  This year I'm going to try to get them to eat the bugs early so I can be the one to get tomatoes and cabbage!

I'm sure once you have to buy ANOTHER bag of chick starter after you were JUST at the feed store getting some, that will convince you to put the incubator away!  Mine keep throwing half of their food on the ground.

Squirrel proof bird feeder.
PVC pipe feeder.

I don't wanna put it away!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom