Help sexing coturnix.

jenni wren

Chirping
Feb 12, 2017
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help sex my coturnix, I have a real fear I have alot of males.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Thanks rita2paul, I have read it and that is what has made me think I may have lots of males.

Thanks Dani, that's what I thought too.
I'm pretty upset at the idea of taking them back to get replacements, we have all grown so attached.
I can't believe a breeder was unable to sex them and I have no confidence in their ability to get it right this time either!

how old were they when you bought them. if you go back and they have some the same age you could pick the girls with spot on their chest like the person said above.
i think the breeder does know what sex they are they are just trying to get rid of their males. such a shame tho, they are really pretty.

I was told all mine were girls but I got 1 boy I did suspect another as no spots but she is a manchurian colour. I have had no eggs yet as I got them in Nov but hopefully soon as coming into spring so excited to get some ! X :)

I am really looking forward to eggs, if I can get the boys to lay! Hehe
The little guy in picture two I think could be manchurian.

This is him with some of his little mates, what do you think?

how old were they when you bought them. if you go back and they have some the same age you could pick the girls with spot on their chest like the person said above.
i think the breeder does know what sex they are they are just trying to get rid of their males. such a shame tho, they are really pretty. 

Sorry I missed your message, they said point of lay, I said 8/9 weeks and they said yes.

Back
Top Bottom