Are my ducklings old enough to swim with supervision?

DuckMadness

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2017
I called the store I had bought them from and they said they are between 3 to 4 weeks old which is older then I had thought. Is this however old enough to let them splash around in some water while being supervised?
Thanks in advance for the info.

Wow....Yes, at that age they do need a bath to get the oil glad working......They can bath as said....The day after hatch.. :)

Cheers!

I put them in the bath tub twice today

I bet they loved having their tub time.....Mine sure zip around and then have a real long nap.....

Cheers!....enjoy those ducklings!

The important thing is the height of the bath dish not to be taller than their chest . You increase the high of the bath with them growing. Otherwise, they will get stuck inside not able to get out and they will drown.

Yeah the water is just barely deep enough for them to pick their feet up and swim but low enough for when they get tired they can stand and I never leave them unattended while swimming as I heard they tire easy at this age.

If they are really 4 weeks old they can swim and dive in deeper water. I put mine at that age in a big industrial totebox with about a foot of water. They had great fun diving in it (if you do this, do it on a tiled surface ;) ). Just always keep an eye on them to take them out when they get tired

Last edited:

This is the setup I have for then until they start to get bigger. Is there anything I'm missing? Plus I figured you all would like to see them

Back
Top Bottom