Simple, Cheap Design Challenge

timidlady

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2017
I am looking for some ideas on how to construct a coop with minimal assembly and carpentry skills. I've never built anything in my life. When the time comes for my chicks to move out of the brooder, I'll buy a coop if I have to. I have almost no tools and no skills. Any ideas on ways to build a coop that are simple and direct? I have 4 chicks I will be moving outside this spring in a cold weather area (michigan). I can make a run from pvc pipe cut down and assembled and covered in poultry fence which I have done. So I just need something really simple for four average size hens. I have cerebral palsy, too. I'm not trying to make excuses. Would just like some ideas for something simple. It doesn't seem like the cheap stuff is really all that simple. At least not what I have seen. Lots of carpentry work. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome! Modifying a tool or garden shed might be the best, or a child's playhouse. You will want sixteen to twenty square feet of floor space, and a walk- in structure will be much more user-friendly for you. There might be something on craigs list, or a local carpenter who could help. Mary

Back
Top Bottom