as anyone on this site kept two boys with their girls.

rita2paul

Songster
8 Years
Aug 31, 2011
Gloucestershire
just wanted to know if anyone has kept 2 boys with their girls, if so did it work out ok.
i have coturnix quails. 9 girls with 3 boys at the moment, but i am worried that i am asking for trouble. so far it's ok.

I am keeping 2 males with 14 females right now but they go between "ok" periods and ugly ones. My coop is also extremely big with lots of hiding places (about 50 sq ft). It also depends on the males characters. Short answer - you are looking for troubles.

I am keeping 2 males with 14 females right now but they go between "ok" periods and ugly ones. My coop is also extremely big with lots of hiding places (about 50 sq ft). It also depends on the males characters. Short answer - you are looking for troubles.
thanks for replying. i have now found out i have 4 boys not 3.
i have a big eglu with an ark added to it, also i have made another level in the eglu. lucky my girls have grown up with a ramp and use to using it. they boys cant work out where they have gone. bless. but i will be moving 2 boys out and leaving the best boys in with the girls, they grew up with 2 of the boys and they will be the best one's to leave in there with them.

Back
Top Bottom