Is it possible to keep a single male Coturnix quail?

What should I do?

• Keep the bird

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sell it

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (state below, NO CULLING.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Could you send a picture
PXL_20230929_061535026.jpg
PXL_20230929_061533608.jpg
PXL_20230928_233617393.jpg
PXL_20230928_233632090.jpg

I think that you should either get rid of both males or buy some hens. Hatching chicks is fun, but on average, you're going to get 50% males and 50% females, and then you're going to be in the same predicament you're in now with extra males.

I know you don't want to listen to reality, but for the sake of your birds, you might at least consider what we're telling you.

I think that you should either get rid of both males or buy some hens. Hatching chicks is fun, but on average, you're going to get 50% males and 50% females, and then you're going to be in the same predicament you're in now with extra males.

I know you don't want to listen to reality, but for the sake of your birds, you might at least consider what we're telling you.
I agree especially if your hatching a larger number of em eggs your just going to keep getting back into this situation. I hatch knowing that around 50% of the eggs will be male and have a set plan to either sell them which I mostly never do unless it’s a celadon or rarer color roo that someone actually wants or I cull them for meat. I understand that you don’t want to cull him but it’s what comes with hatching eggs and keeping them. If you want only hens I would suggest buying sexed hens so you don’t end up with more males.

I agree especially if your hatching a larger number of em eggs your just going to keep getting back into this situation. I hatch knowing that around 50% of the eggs will be male and have a set plan to either sell them which I mostly never do unless it’s a celadon or rarer color roo that someone actually wants or I cull them for meat. I understand that you don’t want to cull him but it’s what comes with hatching eggs and keeping them. If you want only hens I would suggest buying sexed hens so you don’t end up with more males.
I just said I would give the extras to my nan and pop and they would keep what they need and cull the rest. I also just said that I would buy some females. I am 100% listening to you and taking in what you say, but it's like you're not listening to me. I already stated that I was giving away the runty one and keeping my male, then purchasing another female as soon as possible.

I understand that it's a 50/50 chance of getting more males, but the people I am planning on giving them to won't care. They will keep the ones they need and cull the rest.

Back
Top Bottom