Rainwolf

De La Menagerie
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi!
I am wondering how many Gamebirds owners/breeders we have in the Pacific Northwest?

Looking for local area owners/breeders to exchange knowledge etc!
Come join me?
big_smile.png
or am I all alone?
hmm.png

Last edited:
Yeah, but cleaning up after coturnix is super easy. They are tame as can be.

Cleaning up after button quail is, well, not so pleasant because I'm always worried they'll manage to injure themselves out of fear.

Quote:
Yes they are hard to clean due to fear
hmm.png

I turn off all the lights and "blind grab" them out of the pens and into a black box, then clean their pen, then off the light to transfer em back to pen then on to next pen....

I've gotten really good at doing it all in the dark except the cleaning :}

Quote:
Yes they are hard to clean due to fear
hmm.png

I turn off all the lights and "blind grab" them out of the pens and into a black box, then clean their pen, then off the light to transfer em back to pen then on to next pen....

I've gotten really good at doing it all in the dark except the cleaning :}

AND THEY SAID THE BOOGEY MAN WAS IMAGINARY....
hmm.png

Ya, I have to join in here. Friday I was cleaning pens (outside) and my boys were calling and the girls were singing. They were making so much of a racket the neighbors from 2 houses down came up the hill and asked what kind of birds I had.

Their happy time partying is going to cost me a few meals.
big_smile.png
Mine like having their cages and pans cleaned out.
roll.png

ROFL I've been known to catch button quail in the dark, too. That was one tactic I used. I'll admit the shop vac tempted me a time or two also. (KIDDING!!! I AM KIDDING!!!)

If one gets loose in my basement it's going to be rather interesting. I suspect it would lead to putting about forty dishes of food and water on the floor in various parts of the basement and hoping they found them. If they got into the storage area...eeeek. Bye bye button quail. I'm pretty sure the bogey man DOES live down there. I'm not sure he is breeding up some baby bogey people down there...and needs to feed them...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom