What breed are these white roosters?

4Hchickenproject

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
And they could be mix...have no idea if they are purebred anything. They've been visiting my farm daily since they discovered my hens. They come from a neighbor's house a good distance away, stay all day, then go home at dusk. I asked my neighbor, she has no idea what they are, she just got them -- unfortunately -- to keep the ticks and fleas out of HER yard. I'm curious because my hens free-range during the day and obviously, fertilized eggs will be either theirs or my own roo's. I would like them gone so I would know what possible chicks would be, but the neighbor does like I do, turns them out daily, and she doesn't want to keep them up. If I ever do have opportunity to incubate, I'll just have to keep my hens and roo up for a while.

Thanks!

Picture

i would say that this chicken is probably a phoenix mixed with a leghorn or cornish. there might be some andalusian blood in there too.

I checked, they do have white earlobes. They are considerably smaller than my hens, but they are older, because my neighbor had them, and they were grown, before I got my chicks in April. Skin on their legs is pale-pinkish.

I can't get close enough to get a good pic
sad.png

Last edited:
Hello All,
Do any of you know where I can get white rooster feathers?
I need these in particular, ideally tail feathers. I am in the Los Angeles area, and need these for creative/ceremonial purposes.
Would so appreciate any leads.
My thanks!
AbbeAbbe

Back
Top Bottom